As an emerging writer, I’m happy to share some of the resources that have helped me progress in my creative writing. Here are a few of my favorites.
I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
— Melissa F. Kaelin
New! My Own Advice on the Art & Craft of Writing
During #5DaysOfFiction, I’ll be giving my own advice on the art and craft of writing. Follow the hashtag for updates and check back as this project takes shape!
Books on the Writing Craft
- Bird by Bird, by Anne Lamott
- Story Trumps Structure, by Steven James
- Now Write!, by Sherry Ellis
- The Lie that Tells a Truth, by John Dufresne
- The Magic Words, by Cheryl B. Klein
- The Emotional Craft of Fiction, by Donald Maass
Online Mentors and Guides
Organizations, Websites and Other Resources
- 100 Best Websites for Writers, from The Write Life
- Writer’s Digest
- Poets & Writers
- The Loft Literary Center